Wednesday 17 February 2010

The Supers


Daniel says I have interchangeable levels of annoyance/excitement x That is, when I say something ‘makes me die’, some interpretation is needed from the person on the receiving end of my outburst as to whether I am vexed, or in fact, delighted x With this is mind, I will begin x It was during my dreary Monday morning happenings that the aforementioned ambiguous outburst of emotion first occurred for the week x When stumbling upon this month’s Harpers Bazaar, I literally did nearly die as before my very eyes was the incredible, Cindy Crawford x Needless to say, from this point on – the usual mental battle that occurs between Vogue or Harpers was rendered forgotten x Alexa Chung vs Cindy Crawford?! X Exactly x One of the original Supers, she is a woman who personifies endurance, beauty, hard work and importantly femininity and true womanly magnificence x Looking at her on her on the front cover makes me just sigh – she looks, quite frankly, like sex x all flowing locks and pouty red lips, I defy anyone to find a man, woman or child who wouldn’t turn their head as she glided past them (Supers don’t walk in my head...) x What pleases me most about this cover, which is promoting an issue that celebrates women, is it seems to be screaming for the return of the Goddess x i.e more va-va voom please x It is a massive departure from seeing pretty, but skinny, pale, childlike and emaciated models on stage and screen who are closer to representing fashion orientated greyhounds than actual women x I’m not even talking about the old skinny vs size 10 debate, I’m talking about women who make me go – ‘I would literally die to look like her’ because they look and quite simply are, hot, sexy, radiant and timeless. Soz if this has all been said before x buts it important x and I think Harpers have proved that x Super Model? NO x Super Woman x Thank you Sara Buys for an ab fab piece on a Super legend – it made me die – in a good way x I hope the ‘Cindy Crush’ is here to stay!x

2 comments:

  1. I wanna rush out and buy this issue of Harpers Bazaar now, it sounds so good. Thanks CockneySparrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOUSEGIFT IS THE NEW COME DINE WITH ME!

    ReplyDelete