Thursday 25 February 2010

A Dose of Doctor Lagerfeld




Much to the disbelief (and quite likely despair) of Daniel, it has been my somewhat shallow, but lifelong dream to spend my first proper pay cheque on a Chanel bag x the new season quilted number below for example, would do just nicely x I’m not fussy you see x Now, the reason that Daniel despairs (in what I believe to be an over dramatic fashion), is because of course, this is no 10quid bag...no no x try £1000....plus x He genuinely marvels on why I would choose to pass on the horribly sensible things which inevitably come with having ones ‘first pay cheque’ e.g. food and water x and for some time, I’ve got to say I genuinely struggled to find a sensible explanation other than well...I just WANT one x Well ladies and gentleman...I have finally come up with my answer...and if I may say, it’s a bloody good one x Allow me if you will, to present my star witness...a Miss Lily Allen x

First noticed for her prom dresses and Jeremy Kyle jewellery, I never really thought Lily would become the fashion icon that she is considered to be today x In fact, I blame the oversized hollow gold heart shaped earrings I not only own, but wear regularly, on a certain Miss A...who knows...it might even be a knuckle duster with ‘Chaz’ embossed on it next...x Anyway, like it or not, the pop starlet who could once have passed for Bianca Jackson’s sister, is now as pretty as a picture and incredibly enviably, a face of Chanel x Never backwards about coming forwards, Lily has been an infamous blogger, from revealing personal insecurities to campaigning for anti piracy laws x This woman has a quick mouth and a witty opinion and she ain’t afraid to use it x There is of course, absolutely NOTHING wrong with this...but I believe that what Karl Lagerfeld gracefully described as her ‘typical English reserve’...was in fact good old fashioned misery x Her permanent faceache was boring to say the least and it comes to something when godfather to the stars Elton John has to dish out a public telling off...x That said, it has not gone unnoticed that of late, Lily has been an embodiment of happiness, something which she puts down to personal fulfilment and her ‘lovely’ boyfriend x I however, have a distinctly different theory to explain Lily’s recent turn around x and that is, her good ol’ dose of Doc. Lagerfeld x In the campaign shots, Lily is sultry, sassy and most importantly, smiling x Quite frankly, if being photographed by Karl Lagerfeld himself whilst holding copious Chanel bags looking like el rock chick supremo doesn’t make you happy, then I bloody do not know what would (I don’t have all the answers...) x I for one am pleased that Lily is smiling again, not as she first sung, through leaving a cheating boyfriend, but through glamorously exiting a Chanel Studio...laden with the bags that I so enviously covet...and hopefully the tiara too!

So there we have it x my EXTREMELY valid justification for wanting to spend my first month’s hard earned wages on a fashion accessory x This is no ordinary fashion accessory, but a handbag sent from heaven with the life changing powers that I believe no woman could honestly say they would turn down x Grown up full time working life is hard (so I’ve been told) and we could all do with a smile on our faces like Lily’s x so if cutting back on life’s little necessities (food, heating, friend’s birthday presents etc) is what it takes to help you towards this self assured confidence and unfaltering happiness, then all I can say is... ‘Paging Doctor Lagerfeld!’ x

No comments:

Post a Comment